How can we thrive in the 21st century?
UNSOMNIA 2021 | How do we equip ourselves to face an uncertain future and thrive in the 21st century?
We have begun the 21st century hurtling full speed towards a future that feels deeply uncertain. One of global pandemics, climate emergencies, and deeply divided politics. It’s easy to feel the odds are stacked against us. So as we confront massive disruptions in our environment, in technology and in the world in which we live, what can we do to equip ourselves to face the future and thrive in the 21st century?
Across two evenings of short talks, discover the science behind quantum computing, the secret to unlocking the brain, the dark side of renewables, and how weeds could save the world, as UNSW brightest minds challenge us to think about how we might not just survive, but thrive in this time of uncertainty.
Discover the science behind quantum computing, the new frontier of education and how game theory and tree hugging could solve the climate crisis.
- Isabella Dobrescu & Alberto Motta | Education reloaded
- Danielle Holmes | The quantum leap in artificial intelligence
- Bernardo García Pola | Think local, act global
- Bronwen Morgan | Legal imagination
- Matthew Priestly | Why a smarter grid is key to a renewable future
- Tema Milstein | Nature freaks
Discover the dark side of renewables, the secret to unlocking the brain, and how weeds could save the world.
- Andy Symington | The fight for sustainable renewables
- Felix Aplin| Building better brains
- Zoe Xirocostas | What we can learn from weeds
- Joyce Wu | Ending violence against women
- Fiacre Rougieux | The solar energy future is already here...
- Kate Faasse | This talk may cause side effects