- Am I considered a UNSW alumnus?
You are considered a member of the UNSW Alumni community if you have completed an undergraduate, postgraduate or doctorate degree in full at either UNSW Sydney or UNSW Canberra. Recipients of honorary degrees from UNSW are also considered to be UNSW alumni.
- As a UNSW alumnus, what kind of benefits and services can I access?
The University is glad to provide a range of benefits and services to UNSW Alumni community, including invitations to exclusive events, access to educational resources and the UNSW Library, discounted professional development courses and access to the global UNSW Alumni network.
- How can I sign up for a UNSW Alumni account?
To sign up for a UNSW Alumni account, please complete the registration form.
- Why can’t I access the benefits and services even though I have a UNSW Alumni account?
Once you have signed up for a UNSW Alumni account, it takes up to 48 hours for your details to be linked to our database. Delays may occur if your registration coincided with public holidays, weekends, or during the University shutdown periods.
To reduce the potential for long waiting times, please ensure you complete the online registration form with as much detail as possible, including your UNSW student ID number. If you cannot remember this, please contact the UNSW Alumni Office on +61 2 8936 4716 or email@example.com.
- Am I eligible for a UNSW Alumni account?
You are eligible for a UNSW Alumni account if you completed an undergraduate, postgraduate or doctorate degree in full at either UNSW Sydney or UNSW Canberra, or if you have an honorary degree from the University.
- What are the benefits of joining a UNSW alumni mentoring platform?
Joining mentoring platforms such as Alumni Connect or Mentor Connect provides you with the opportunity to expand your own network and skills, reconnect with the UNSW community, and help develop the next generation of talent. As a mentor, you can:
Make a meaningful difference to someone else’s personal and professional growth
Enhance your leadership and communication skills
Reflect on your own career and personal aspirations
Identify future talent for your organisation
- How can I obtain a copy of my academic transcript and/or testamur?
The University can provide alumni with copies of academic transcripts and testamurs for a small fee. To find out more or to request copies, please visit the Academic Transcripts and Testamurs page.
- I’m interested in organising a reunion with former classmates but don’t have any of their contact details. Can the UNSW Alumni Office help?
Yes, the UNSW Alumni Office can help you host a reunion. We recommend that you start by reading our handy UNSW Alumni Reunion Guide, then get in touch with us on +61 2 8936 4716 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can help facilitate your reunion communications.
- I have forgotten my UNSW Student ID. How can I find this information?
The UNSW Alumni Office can help you with a lost or forgotten Student ID; just call +61 2 8936 4716 or send an email to email@example.com.
- I am interested in attending an upcoming event - may I bring a guest who is not a UNSW alumnus?
UNSW Alumni events vary in scale and capacity. It may be possible to bring a guest to some of the larger events, but smaller events may be strictly limited to alumni. We recommend that you get in touch with us through firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can accommodate your request.
- When I try to access the online eJournal databases, I am asked to log in again on a different page where my login credentials don’t work. How can I resolve this issue?
Access to the eJournal databases is provided through your UNSW Alumni account. Once you have logged in to your account, you should have full access to all the databases.
If you are having any problems using any of the online databases, please email email@example.com with details. We will work with you to restore your access.
- How can I access my lifelong UNSW email address?
The University offers a lifelong email address to all UNSW alumni. Visit the UNSW IT website to apply.
If you are accessing your lifelong UNSW email address for the first time, you will need to reset your Microsoft ID password here. Once you have done this, you will be able to add your UNSW email address to any email platform.
If you encounter any issues while accessing your lifelong UNSW email address, please contact UNSW IT Service Centre on +61 2 9385 1333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I book a table at The Lounge on campus?
You can book at The Lounge.
- I received a call from a student asking for a donation. Was this call legitimate and is the donation process secure?
- What benefit do I get as a UNSW graduate?
Aside from tangible UNSW alumni benefits & services like exclusive events and mentoring, reconnecting with UNSW will open up a world of high-quality life long learning opportunities.